Monday, April 14, 2008

Eye of the (Bengal) Tiger

Ah, 80’s music flashback. So with one day to go, I want you to know that I will be focused on what I’ve said. I want to accomplish the goals stated in this blog. Here is a summary of what I’ve said so far:

1) I will contact every Board member and let them know that the past is the past, and I want to work with them to move forward.
2)I will work to end the Board’s infighting and lawsuits.
3)I will always ask myself the question, “Does this build on our foundation?” when making decisions.
4)I will work on adding more language courses.
5)I will work on improving the website to include more public information starting with the Policy Manual. Additionally, I will work on improving the online interactivity of the district website.
6)I will work on creating a committee that works directly with the public to answer questions and concerns before they become political issues at Board meetings.
7)I will accept criticism as an opportunity for improvement.
8)I will work to add a few more meetings to the schedule that will be geared specifically for public comment where there can be more back-and-forth exchanges.
9)I will be accessible to the public. Email is the best way to reach me: scott@barnegat2008.com
10)I will work on adding more online high school courses for supplemental classes.
11)I will work on adding more instruction for software applications other than Microsoft.
12)I will not make snap decisions.
13)I cannot promise to “lower taxes” because that issue (school tax), in my opinion, needs to be resolved at the state level. However, I will work to make sure every dollar spent is spent efficiently and in the best interest of education.

No comments: